Mix together a little spunk, attitude, persistence, hats of all kinds and a wealth of design knowledge and you have the perfect recipe for Heidi Toso. Heidi came to Thomsen Homes from High End Custom Homes and production 3.5 years ago and where would we be without her? She is the bread and butter of everything design here at Thomsen and with the design team, she makes your dreams come to life! You can catch her lakeside in the summers with her family, winding down with a cold one. You might even see her walking her cute dogs around town! Get to know Heidi and what she’s all about below!
1. Name three words that you describe you. Small Town Girl
2. Do you have any hidden talents or skills? I make a mean pan of pumpkin bars, I used to be one heck of a slalom water skier & synchronized swimmer and I can float in the water for hours- effortlessly!
3. If you could be anywhere other than here, right this minute, where would you be? On an remote beach with sun & sand (and a cold beverage) or Las Vegas – can’t decide between the 2, love em’ both!
4. Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What did you want to be when you grow up? A veterinarian. I have just love animals and should probably live on a hobby farm!
5. My favorite word in the English language is? Curmudgeonly or cantankerous!
6. If you were a superhero, what super power would you have? Time Travel
7. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working? Spending time with family & relaxing at the lake
9. What would be your personal motto? “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than b the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
10. Choose a movie title for the story of your life. The pursuit of happiness
11. What, or who, are you a “closet fan” of? Adam Thielen. Love that he is a small town MN guy making it for himself (it helps that’s he’s a MN Viking as well)
12. Look at your last song listened to. What is it? “Your Song” by Elton John
13. What’s a typical day like for you at work? Hmm….typical is the abnormal, what’s typical even mean?! Haha. Every day is different and every day is an adventure. Seriously – some of my time is spent designing, but majority of my time is customer service, project management and Team Management.
14. What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job? Diverse Background from High End Customs homes to Production and many years of experience in the home building industry wearing lots of hats throughout the years!
15. What do you love most about your job? The people I get to work with every day and the relationships I have created with staff and designing new floor plan layouts/options!