It’s the Holiday Season at Thomsen Homes! We’ve got a little book/activity for you and the kiddos to read all snuggled up on the couch! Happy Holidays!
Click on the image below to start the book!
Korey is one of the newest additions to our New Home Consultant team! The West Fargoan is a loving husband and father who enjoys a good Jack Daniels at the lake on the weekend, accompanied by some 90’s tunes. Sounds like a good time, right? Korey is a confident dude and we’re confident in him and his abilities to get you into your net new home! Welcome to the team! Get to know Korey below!
1.What’s your spirit animal, and why? Uhhh…. No clue
2. What super power would you want, and why? Probably Healing/regeneration… I would do some ridiculous/dumb things that would be awesome knowing that I wouldn’t die because of it.
3. If you had a time machine, and couldn’t mess with history, what time period would you travel back to? I would go back to 1994-ish. Mostly for the music. Either that or 1952 to have met my Grandfather in his prime.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Steak
5. What fictional character would you be friends with in real life? Joey from Friends
6. What’s the movie title for the current chapter of your life? “Under Construction”
7. What is one random fact that you still remember from grade school? My 4th grade teacher ridiculed my handwriting so badly that I was pulled out of class to do cursive sheets for a week. Since then my handwriting has been better than any of my teachers moving forward.
8. Look at your phone/radio, what song/podcast is currently playing? “Break my Stride” by Matthew Wilder … Don’t listen to it unless you want it to be stuck in your head for a week.
9. Best concert you’ve been to? Or if you haven’t been, who do you want to see? The Black Keys on their El Camino album.
10. Have you ever met a celebrity? How was it? I haven’t really “met” a celebrity but I have had awkward instance once. I was late for my plane at MSP and running from one of the airport to the other and right outside my boarding place Mike Tyson was standing there with someone who looked like his agent or lawyer or something like that. I literally stopped running, stopped and staired at him with my mouth open as I slowly drifted by him on the fast walk conveyer. He even laughed at me a little bit but whatevs.
11. What’s a guilty pleasure of yours? Whiskey
12. Best TV show ever? The Office or Friends
13. Best movie ever? Out Cold
14. What nicknames have people called you throughout life? There are many but the one that, if said around my fellow high school alum, they’d recognize would be “Whitey”
15. Are you a morning or a night person? Used to be a night owl but now that I have kids it’s more and more turning to a morning person.
16. Where can you be found on your days off? The lake
17. What’s one thing that instantly makes your day better? Friendly people. Positivity is infectious.
18. What drives you to be the best person you can be? Hard to describe. Short answer… a voice in my head. In everything I do there is a mentor from my past that I think of and if what I am doing does not meet what I think their standards would be then it’s not good enough.
19. What does a typical day at the office look like? Computer, Zoom, people, people, people. Computer, Zoom
20. What Thomsen Homes role would you like to try for a day other than your own? CM
21. What’s your favorite thing about working at Thomsen Homes? Structure and Positivity… the people are pretty cool too😊
We have a special blog post from the Sorby family along with some holiday inspiration to get you in the festive mood! They had built their 2180 bi-level home in 2018. This DYI couple has an eye for design and a love for everything home.
The days have gotten shorter and the air has turned crisp…it is finally the holiday season and we could not be more excited!
We closed on our Thomsen in December 2018, so this time of year always feels extra special to us. Not only are we reminded that we’ve spent another 365 days in a house we’ve made a home and truly come to love, but also that subtle changes to your space, like pulling out and putting up different décor, can make your heart feel really, really happy…and, honestly, who doesn’t love that (especially this year)?!
When it comes to holidays, much like the other decorating we do in our home, we choose to approach things with a ‘cozy + slightly minimalist’ mindset. To us, less is often more, although we very much appreciate folks who can pull off very full ensembles (with two large fur monsters running around, our home feels ‘full’ in other ways!). We tend to stick with mostly neutral-colored items that have different textures. This allows us to easily add pops of color without feeling like we’re overpowering one space or having items clash.
It’s that time of year again when homebuilders roll out the red carpet and highlight the best they can build for you! That’s right, it’s the 2020 Fall Parade! We have four exciting homes to showcase this year located in Bison Meadows and The Wilds! We’re going to give you a little sneak peek and delve into the minds of the designers that put them together.
2191 2 STORY
Are you looking for a home with the options you and/or your family needs? Perhaps you need a certain amount of bathrooms, or perhaps you like a more open floor plan? Look no further than our lovely 2180 Bi-Level! This home is our most customizable home to date; featuring SIX different floor plan options to suit your needs!
This is our standard layout. As you come up the stairs, you will find a half wall and behind it, your kitchen with an island. The living room is tucked around the corner!
In this option we have turned the half wall into a full wall, giving you much more privacy. The island has been removed and we have added counter stance to the back of the kitchen.
As you can see, the kitchen is going to be the same as our Standard Option. We have added square footage onto the master bedroom, bath and second bedrooms allowing for a private hallway into the rooms.
This layout is the same as the Standard layout, but we have added a half bath to the upper! This is nice for guests!
This is another popular layout plan that we have built for many homeowners! We have switched around the kitchen and the living room, giving you more open space as you walk up the stairs!
In Option #6 we have kept the layout from #5, but we have added a full bath to the upper level, creating a master suite!
Jess with Thomsen Homes can guide you through a tour of all six of these options!
With the layout of your home in your command, we can. assure you that you’ll love your Bi-Level for years to come! Start your Thomsen Moment today!
Home is a time capsule. A home is filled with memories and moments you cherish forever. Libby remembers back on some precious moments growing up in her childhood home.