Shelby is a North Dakota native from Mandan (the better side of the river). She graduated from Northland Community & Technical College and was the winner of the Forx Builders Association & NC&TC Project House Design contest in which she perfected a rambler home, eventually built in East Grand Forks. Shelby has been with Thomsen for two years now and has grown from Design Specialist Assistant to a Design Specialist, meaning she now takes on her own clients and helps them with decisions throughout the build. She has an awesome way of connecting with clients and will make sure your build is exciting and unforgettable. Get know Shelby some more below!
- Name three words that you describe you. Sincere, FUNNY, Organized.
- Do you have any hidden talents or skills? I’m actually a pretty good cook!
- If you could be anywhere other than here, right this minute, where would you be? I would probably be in my bed, snuggled up in the blankets, taking a nap.
- Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What did you want to be when you grow up? I’m about 65% sure I wanted to be a Doctor, until I realized how much school I would have to go to.
- My favorite word in the English language is? A lot of 4-letter words, but hey, I work in construction!
- If you were a superhero, what super power would you have? Being able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight, or feel crappy!
- What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working? Anything with my family.
- What would be your personal motto? Being called weird is like being called limited edition. It means you’re something people don’t see that often. Remember that.
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life. Dumb & Dumber
- What, or who, are you a “closet fan” of? Guy’s Grocery Games
- Look at your last song listened to. What is it? The Bones – Maren Morris, obsessed!
- What’s a typical day like for you at work? Coffee, emails, coffee, meeting, coffee, lunch, meeting, coffee, emails, coffee.
- What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job? A coachable attitude, open mindedness, and a good joke here and there.
- What do you love most about your job? The people I work with, we truly are one big family.
Ready to start your own build? Give us a call at 701.478.3000 or check out ThomsenHomesLLC.com for more information!