Shannon is part of our creative hub here at Thomsen. She started as a sales assistant 3 years ago and eventually landed her dream job as graphic designer & marketing coordinator and hasn’t looked back since. Whether it’s her music playing or just someone who is there for a good laugh, Shannon brings a lot of spunk to Thomsen Homes. Her office looks like a dorm room and her food smells terrible (thanks eggs). Get to know more about Shannon below!
1. Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What did you want to be when you grow up? A veterinarian. I have a huge passion for animals!
2. My favorite word in the English language is? Schlep
3. If you were a superhero, what super power would you have? To selectively read minds.
4. If you could be one character from any movie, who would you be and why? Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean. Badass.
5. Favorite holiday and why? Halloween. You get a night to be something other than yourself and “escape reality” for a while. Who doesn’t love dressing up?!
6. Look at your last song listened to. What is it? “Forget It” – Breaking Benjamin
7. What, or who, are you a “closet fan” of? I’m sadly really into Kottonmouth Kings which is a part of the whole Juggalo/ICP thing (don’t judge me).
8. Would you rather explore a new planet, or the deepest parts of the ocean, why? Ocean. If you’ve seen any ocean documentaries, it’s another planet in itself.
9. If you could play one instrument you aren’t able to now, what would it be and why? Drums, hands down. Super fun. Those people are very talented.
10. Outside of work, where can we find you at your happiest? Outdoors with my family and friends. Find me snowboarding in the winter; hiking and laking it in the summer.
11. What is “home” to you? Home is my safe place. It’s also the place where memories are made and people come together.
12. What are you most grateful for? I am most grateful for my son who teaches me every day the value of life and the importance of patience and kindness.
13. What are some small things that make your day better? Laughter and music.
14. If you could switch roles with anyone in the company for a day, which one would you choose and why? Honestly, I think I’d take the construction assistant’s role (in the summer). I don’t think I’d mind getting a little dirty!
15. What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job? Creativity, positivity, a mind that never stops thinking.
16. What do you love most about your job? I love creating ways for the public to engage with our team and giving something back to the community through art & video.