DIRECTOR OF CONSTRUCTION
Thomsen Homes, a growing home builder with multiple markets, is seeking a Director of Construction to oversee and grow the construction division. The position requires competency in directing, developing and organizing multiple teams and locations. A focus on quality and profitability while increasing scalability and growth potential of the division and team. Demonstrated capability in coordination of multiple contractors, teams, locations and projects simultaneously is needed. Must be able to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally while strategically helping grow the company. Technical competence in construction, codes and construction practice is required.
OBJECTIVE: Strategically plan, allocate and implement resources/people across all designated markets to assure quality standards and profitability are met or exceeded as directed by the Strategic Plan (VTO).
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF TEAM:
- Provide effective structure of resources/people and support to achieve strategic objectives.
- To develop and utilize scorecards and other tools for high accountability of the team and self.
- Provide and implement development plans and growth opportunities for all team members to increase capacity and capability for future growth needs.
- Be actively involved in the strategic growth of the company though weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual strategic sessions with the leadership team and direct reports.
- Oversee all construction managers, construction personnel, sub-contractors and others involved with construction projects.
PRODUCT AND PRODUCTION QUALITY:
- Develop and implement standards, procedures and process to assure quality expectations are met or exceeded. This includes all project plans, check lists, punch lists, warranty, safety or other inputs to all projects.
- Effectively plan the allocation of resources/people to maintain or exceed quality, safety and productivity standards and expectations on construction projects.
- Maintain consistent dialog and coordination with all departments to assure meeting or exceeding customer, continuous improvement, resource/people allocation and profitability expectations.
- Effectively work with other departments (sales, design, estimating, finance) to establish build times and then utilize resources/people to execute on the agreed build timelines.
- Maintain a strong knowledge and understanding of all codes and practices impacting projects in all current markets to mitigate risk and meet compliance requirements.
- Monitor and maintain Vendor relationships, quality and delivery expectations and assure minimal to no exceptions to orders and expectations.
SUBCONTRACTORS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Maintain productive relationships with contractors to meet or exceed objectives, realizing this could be an environment with friction at times
- Future planning and directing resources/people for timing and to meet or exceed agreed Build Time plan.
- Provide direction and coaching to team members for decision making with elevated issues to aid in developing capacity and capability for growth needs.
QUALITY CONTROL ON ALL COMPLETED INVENTORY:
- Maintain all completed properties to meet or exceed expected standards while supporting sales efforts.
Thomsen Homes has rapid growth plans over the next few years through new market openings. The opening is immediate, some travel is required, headquarters located in Fargo, ND. Compensation package is dependent upon capabilities and performance.
Contact Amber at FrontDesk@thomsenhomesllc.com with resume and contact information.