Title: Design Intern
Department: Design Reports to: Design and Studio Lead
Posting Date: 5/1/2020 Salary Grade: Hourly
Days of Operation: Monday – Friday Hours: 8am – 5pm
Thomsen Homes is a rapidly expanding residential general contractor in the FM area. We are currently seeking a Design Intern who shares our core values of integrity, drive, innovation, loyalty and is family oriented.
The Design Team at Thomsen Homes is responsible for creating a unique and memorable experience for each client. As the Design Intern, you will work with the Design team to document and drive the design process and help maintain the design studio(s). Throughout the building process you will work directly with clients, vendors, and subcontractors. The ideal candidate for this position is a go-getter, very personable, organized, solution-driven, flexible, responsive, and able to work independently. Creative thinking and problem-solving is a definite plus!
- Schedule for client design meetings.
- Prepare client binders and spec folders for Design Process.
- Showcase the design studio and samples for clients
- Communicate with vendors to request additional information or samples.
- Work closely with Design Specialist to document client selections
- Design Meeting Liaison between Designer and Drafting team regarding site, structural and floorplan revisions.
- Respond to selection inquires, both external and internal
- Assist in documentation during electrical walkthroughs
- Work directly with Design Specialist on managing individual projects to ensure information is gathered and in place prior to construction team needing it
- Breakdown closed client binders and folders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with construction process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask with projects and clients
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Adaptability to fast pace-environment
- Driven to complete tasks
- Working on completing Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
To apply, please send your cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org