It’s the Holiday Season at Thomsen Homes! We’ve got a little book/activity for you and the kiddos to read all snuggled up on the couch! Happy Holidays!
Click on the image below to start the book!
Korey is one of the newest additions to our New Home Consultant team! The West Fargoan is a loving husband and father who enjoys a good Jack Daniels at the lake on the weekend, accompanied by some 90’s tunes. Sounds like a good time, right? Korey is a confident dude and we’re confident in him and his abilities to get you into your net new home! Welcome to the team! Get to know Korey below!
1.What’s your spirit animal, and why? Uhhh…. No clue
2. What super power would you want, and why? Probably Healing/regeneration… I would do some ridiculous/dumb things that would be awesome knowing that I wouldn’t die because of it.
3. If you had a time machine, and couldn’t mess with history, what time period would you travel back to? I would go back to 1994-ish. Mostly for the music. Either that or 1952 to have met my Grandfather in his prime.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Steak
5. What fictional character would you be friends with in real life? Joey from Friends
6. What’s the movie title for the current chapter of your life? “Under Construction”
7. What is one random fact that you still remember from grade school? My 4th grade teacher ridiculed my handwriting so badly that I was pulled out of class to do cursive sheets for a week. Since then my handwriting has been better than any of my teachers moving forward.
8. Look at your phone/radio, what song/podcast is currently playing? “Break my Stride” by Matthew Wilder … Don’t listen to it unless you want it to be stuck in your head for a week.
9. Best concert you’ve been to? Or if you haven’t been, who do you want to see? The Black Keys on their El Camino album.
10. Have you ever met a celebrity? How was it? I haven’t really “met” a celebrity but I have had awkward instance once. I was late for my plane at MSP and running from one of the airport to the other and right outside my boarding place Mike Tyson was standing there with someone who looked like his agent or lawyer or something like that. I literally stopped running, stopped and staired at him with my mouth open as I slowly drifted by him on the fast walk conveyer. He even laughed at me a little bit but whatevs.
11. What’s a guilty pleasure of yours? Whiskey
12. Best TV show ever? The Office or Friends
13. Best movie ever? Out Cold
14. What nicknames have people called you throughout life? There are many but the one that, if said around my fellow high school alum, they’d recognize would be “Whitey”
15. Are you a morning or a night person? Used to be a night owl but now that I have kids it’s more and more turning to a morning person.
16. Where can you be found on your days off? The lake
17. What’s one thing that instantly makes your day better? Friendly people. Positivity is infectious.
18. What drives you to be the best person you can be? Hard to describe. Short answer… a voice in my head. In everything I do there is a mentor from my past that I think of and if what I am doing does not meet what I think their standards would be then it’s not good enough.
19. What does a typical day at the office look like? Computer, Zoom, people, people, people. Computer, Zoom
20. What Thomsen Homes role would you like to try for a day other than your own? CM
21. What’s your favorite thing about working at Thomsen Homes? Structure and Positivity… the people are pretty cool too😊
It’s that time of year again when homebuilders roll out the red carpet and highlight the best they can build for you! That’s right, it’s the 2020 Fall Parade! We have four exciting homes to showcase this year located in Bison Meadows and The Wilds! We’re going to give you a little sneak peek and delve into the minds of the designers that put them together.
2191 2 STORY
Are you looking for a home with the options you and/or your family needs? Perhaps you need a certain amount of bathrooms, or perhaps you like a more open floor plan? Look no further than our lovely 2180 Bi-Level! This home is our most customizable home to date; featuring SIX different floor plan options to suit your needs!
This is our standard layout. As you come up the stairs, you will find a half wall and behind it, your kitchen with an island. The living room is tucked around the corner!
In this option we have turned the half wall into a full wall, giving you much more privacy. The island has been removed and we have added counter stance to the back of the kitchen.
As you can see, the kitchen is going to be the same as our Standard Option. We have added square footage onto the master bedroom, bath and second bedrooms allowing for a private hallway into the rooms.
This layout is the same as the Standard layout, but we have added a half bath to the upper! This is nice for guests!
This is another popular layout plan that we have built for many homeowners! We have switched around the kitchen and the living room, giving you more open space as you walk up the stairs!
In Option #6 we have kept the layout from #5, but we have added a full bath to the upper level, creating a master suite!
Jess with Thomsen Homes can guide you through a tour of all six of these options!
With the layout of your home in your command, we can. assure you that you’ll love your Bi-Level for years to come! Start your Thomsen Moment today!
Home is a time capsule. A home is filled with memories and moments you cherish forever. Libby remembers back on some precious moments growing up in her childhood home.
“I grew up on a 4 acre wooded lot down a dirt road outside of Raleigh, NC. I spent a lot of time perched in a huge magnolia tree in our front yard. When I wasn’t up in a tree, I rode four wheelers, got lost in the woods trying to follow the creek, and built forts out of downed limbs. I never wore shoes! When I picture our home growing up I see my dad in his big garden in the backyard with a hoe in hand and my mom in the kitchen, steam rushing out of a pot that she was blanching whatever produce she was freezing or canning from the garden. My fondest memories are of sitting at the dinner table with my family and listening to Daddy tell us about the all interesting people he met during his work day. All of that probably sounds very romanticized, but I count myself blessed to have such a rich childhood home life.”
Located in the charming neighborhood of Prairiewood in south Grand Forks, this spectacular rambler has everything you would want in a home!
This home features an open kitchen with quartz countertops, custom designed island and a unique, wood range hood, the perfect kitchen to create scrumptious meals! The main level is complete with a custom stone fireplace with shiplap accents, a spa-like master suite with a walk-in closet and a master bath with double sinks, second & third bedrooms, and a laundry room.
The basement is fully finished with an expansive living room featuring two custom niches alongside a location for any size tv. Two more bedrooms and a full bathroom round out the basement. It surely provides plenty of extra space for friends and family!
If there’s an item or bid you need pricing for, Tanya is the girl to find! She’s our spunky and fun Project Estimator. You’ll usually find her tucked in the back of the building in her lovely decorated office, hard at work getting pricing for our Design Team and field guys. This busy lady is a mother, go getter, makeup artiste and most importantly, a HUGE part of the Thomsen Team! Get to know her below!
Name three words that you describe you.
Determined, Independent, Optimistic
Do you have any hidden talents or skills?
I can make amazing Cheesecake, however I try to avoid baking!!
If you could be anywhere other than here, right this minute, where would you be?
Oh I have two….. on a Sunny beach in the Dominican Republic with a margarita or Miami Vice in my hand… or Sightseeing in Dublin Ireland.
Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What did you want to be when you grow up?
I wanted to be a Mechanic, restore and work on 1950 Chevy trucks. Hope to have one someday, but will leave the mechanic work to the professionals.
My favorite word in the English language is?
If you were a superhero, what super power would you have?
Element Manipulation – No more bad weather interrupting my weekends!!
What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
Relaxing on the pontoon at the lake with a cold one in my hand!
What would be your personal motto?
Be Kind, Work Hard, Speak Truth, Show Grace, Chase Dreams, Be Grateful, Love Always!
Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
Footloose – Never take the easy way out and always ready to dance!
What, or who, are you a “closet fan” of?
Look at your last song listened to. What is it?
Queens Don’t – RaeLynn
What’s a typical day like for you at work?
I am a Master Juggler! Pulled in many directions all day, from Design meetings, custom pricing, sending Po’s, and finding new Subcontractors and keeping pricing in check.
What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job?
I am a hard worker, so I am a go getter and get’er done kind of girl!!
What do you love most about your job?
The culture and atmosphere in the office.
Summer is all about being outside, friends and family (social distancing of course), activities and of course, some cold beverages! I’ve been a beer connoisseur for a good while now. I actually really like to study all things beer! The techniques of tasting beer, what makes a beer an ale or a stout, what type of glass a certain beer should go in, I’ve got you covered! I seriously think I should work at JL Beers or hey, maybe start my own brewery! I may be a so-called “craft beer snob,” but I’ll take that title and wear it proudly because honestly, I’m just a fan of beer in every shape and form! So… whether you’re at the lake or enjoying an evening on your deck, I have some wonderful drinks for you to try this season!
THE BREWING PROJEKT: RESIST PINA COLADA MILKSHAKE IPA
Type: Milkshake IPA | ABV (Alcohol by volume): 7.0% | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Purchased @ Bridgeview Liquors, Moorhead
This beer is SWEET, Literally and figuratively. If you’re a fan of the classic pina colada, this is a beer for you! It tastes just like it’s supposed to. Lot’s of pineapple and coconut! The milkshake term comes from the amount of lactose sugar (milk sugar) and vanilla added to the beer to give it a more smooth and creamy taste. It’s super delicious and refreshing on a hot day! Very good drinkability! Preferably served in a tulip glass (I didn’t have one available at the time). The Brewing Projekt’s lineup of beers is good all around as well. I’ve had their Puff Tart sours before too. Delish!
DREKKER: SLANG DU JOUR SOUR SERIES
Type: Fruited Sour | ABV (Alcohol by volume): 4.6% | Location: Fargo, ND | Purchased @ Drekker Brewhalla
If you’re a fan of Fargo-Moorhead breweries, I’m guessing that one of your faves is Drekker. Their beer concoctions are some of the best and most consistent ones in the upper Midwest! Plus, Brewhalla is the perfect place to hang out and sip on some cold ones! With the fire outside and plenty of space to keep socially distanced. Now back to beer! Drekker’s Slang du Jour series is top notch! Based off of various crustable desserts like raspberry cobbler or banana coconut cream pie, these sours have that lovely combo of tartness from the fruit with the awesome graham cracker/cinnamon/vanilla from the added “gimmicks” they throw in during the brewing process. They’re also a thicker beer, which I enjoy in this sort of style beverage. Truly a dessert in a can!
TWO CHICKS: VODKA FIZZ PEAR & ELDERFLOWER COCKTAIL
Type: Vodka Spritzer | ABV (Alcohol by volume): 5.0% | Location: California | Purchased @ Bottle Barn, Moorhead
Wait a minute Shannon, this isn’t BEER?! Yes, it’s not, and honestly I would have NEVER thought I’d even get on the whole seltzer/spritzer train but MAN do these chicks know how to make an amazingly refreshing and delicious cocktail! My sister had actually picked these up a while back and I was like, “Okay Michelle, what the heck did you buy?” Tried one sip and I was in heaven. They have just the right amount of sweetness, and the unique combos of hard alcohol, fruit and herbs make this drink truly unique! DEFINITELY give it a try!
HONORABLE MENTION – HIGH NOON SUN SIPS
Type: Hard Seltzer | ABV (Alcohol by volume): 4.5% | Location: Memphis, TN | Purchased @ Ottertail Liquors, MN
Have to mention another fantastic seltzer from the guys at High Noon. Much like Two Chicks, these aren’t gassy and off tasting (to me) like a lot of popular seltzer’s are. I had the Pineapple version and wow, delicious! Not too sweet, not too overpowering! A little more of that traditional seltzer feel. Try them! 🙂
For the hard alcohol fans…
OL’ SMOKY MANGO HABANERO WHISKEY – TENNESSEE MULE
Type: Whiskey | ABV (Alcohol by volume): 70 Proof | Location: Gatlinburg, TN | Purchased @ Ottertail Liquors, MN
Spicy, sweet and oh so neat! You can’t even taste the whiskey in this beautiful drink of drinks! I am also interested in their Peanut Butter Whiskey. If any of you have tried it, let me know!
Whether you are looking to build your new home, interested in setting up a private showing, or are just seeking some further information our sales team is here to help.